Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I blog a blog of Nanticoke

Sunrise over Nanticoke, October 20, 2005

I've lived in Nanticoke pretty much all of my life, with some time away in college and immediately afterwards. As an adult I've made a conscious decision to stay here, having recently bought the house that used to belong to my grandmother.

Nanticoke is the sort of town that Norman Rockwell used to paint, a genuine slice of Americana with tree-lined streets and kids playing in their front yards. It is not perfect - no place is - but it has a lot more to offer than many people realize.

I want to change that. Nanticoke already has a fairly strong web presence, but it could be better. This blog, and the things that will follow, are my attempt to improve Naticoke's online image, and to help people see this city as I see it.

No comments: